Sunday, April 7, 2013
Chicco NextFit Convertible Car Seat
It's almost time for Jacey to move into a convertible car seat and after looking at my current options, I have decided on the Chicco NextFit Convertible Car Seat.
I remember with Shane how difficult it was for me to pick a convertible car seat because I had no idea which seat to pick for him. There were so many choices and options and I was really confused. Finally, I talked with my friend who has 3 kids. She helped guide me to the right seat by explaining what I should be looking for when car seat shopping.
I feel its important to educate others about car seats because I want to see every mom/dad make the best informed decision and help keep their child(ren) safe in the car.
Some important tips I learned
-Look at weight limits. You want a higher weight limit so your child can stay in the convertible seat for as long as possible. In fact we just moved Shane into a booster this past summer when Jacey was born.
-Look at fit. You want the seat to fit and be adjustable as your child grows.
-Look at crash test ratings. You want a seat that will keep your child as safe as possible if ever you are in a crash.
-Look at installation. You don't want to struggle with installing and uninstalling a seat. Look for one that is simple and easy to install and yet installs securely into your backseat.
Some tips for car seat use
Always buckle your baby into the safety seat first, and then cover the baby with
Avoid bulky clothing and add-on products such as car seat buntings. This can
interfere with proper harness fit and crash performance of the seat.
A good trick for older children is to buckle them in without their jacket and then put it back on them backwards over the harness.
Not only do these techniques ensure proper harness fit, but also avoids
overheating by allowing the baby to be easily uncovered or the child to take his jacket off once the car gets warmer.
My choice for Jacey is the Chicco NextFit Convertible Car Seat.
It's a smart choice for Moms looking to purchase a car seat because grows with your baby, easily adjusting to fit baby as he or she grows from infant to preschooler (from 5 to 65 lbs).
The harness straps do not require rethreading and adjust in height AND width in
connection with the position of the headrest.
The innovative chest clip features two positions to fit the torso of smaller and
It's designed to easily install correctly - every time.
○ Simply: No need for rolled towels or tubes to position your convertible car seat correctly in your car! The NextFit’s ReclineSure™ 9-position Leveling System adjusts with one hand for an accurate fit in a wider range of vehicles and vehicle seats
○ Accurately: Just like the KeyFit, the Chicco NextFit takes the guesswork out of installing the seat thanks to the two RideRight™ bubble levels which clearly indicate the correct seat angle in both rear and forward-facing modes.
○ Securely: Parents of any size or strength can easily install the NextFit correctly with the SuperCinch™ LATCH tightener, which uses force-multiplying technology to help achieve a tight and secure fit – no strong muscles required.
○ 5-40 lbs
○ 22-65 lbs
• Suggested Retail Price: $299
• Fashions and Retailers:
○ Infiniti – Exclusively at Babies R Us
○ Gemini – Exclusively at Babies R Us
○ Gravity – Exclusively at Target
○ Intrigue – Exclusively at BuyBuyBaby and Specialty stores
○ Mystique – Other retailers
"I wrote this review while participating in a campaign for Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Chicco and I received a promotional item to thank me for my participation."