With many Americans making New Year’s Resolutions to live healthier, it’s never been easier to get the whole grain you want without sacrificing taste. Every Big G cereal contains at least 8 grams of whole grain per serving, with more than 20 General Mills cereals delivering 16 grams or more. (At least 48 grams of whole grain are recommended daily.) Big G cereals are America’s number one source of whole grain at breakfast, providing America with more whole grain at breakfast than any other breakfast food from any other manufacturer.
Only whole grain gives you the vital nutrients from the complete grain. The health benefits of whole grains can’t be pinpointed to one particular component of the grain. It’s the “whole grain package” that makes the difference. In addition to fiber, whole grain contains antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and other vital nutrients that help ensure a healthy diet. A diet high in whole grain has been found to help with diabetes and weight management, and it may help reduce the risk of heart disease and certain cancers.
Get into the whole grain habit by just looking for the big white check on Big G cereals! Cereal is already one of the healthiest breakfast choices you can make, and the entire Big G cereal line is made with whole grain, making it a great choice. Big G cereals have the brands and flavor your family will love, including Cheerios®, Lucky Charms®, Cinnamon Toast Crunch®, Honey Nut Cheerios®, Fiber One® and Total®.
To be sure the other foods you are choosing have the healthy whole grain you need, just follow these two easy rules:
1. Look for a whole grain symbol like the big white check on Big G cereals or the Whole Grain Stamp developed by the Whole Grains Council
2. Scan the ingredient list and choose foods that list a whole grain near the top of the list
Visit www.WholeGrainNation.com for more tips, additional information about the benefits of Whole Grain and how Big G cereals can be a convenient and tasty way to incorporate more whole grain into your day.
Along with a lot of people, one of my goals for the new year is to eat healthier and incorporate more whole grains in my diet. We are huge fans of Big G cereal here. I especially love cheerios. They taste good and they offer a lot of whole grains. I plan to eat Cheerios for breakfast on a regular basis to help me reach my goal.
General Mills through MyBlogSpark has offered one of my readers a prize pack that includes a VIP coupon for one Big G cereal, a cereal on-the-go bowl, lunch bag, walking enthusiast kit and a digital jump rope.
1. You Must be a public follower of this Blog.
2. Tell me which of your favorite Big G cereals do you like to start your day off?
*You MUST include your e-mail so I can reach you if you win*
1. Blog about this giveaway and leave a link to your post so I can check it out. (Facebook does not count as a blog post) (10 entries)
2. Sign up/subscribe to my newsletter (Click the subscribe button on my right side bar above the word sponsors where it says sign up for my newsletter.) If you already subscribe just say so. ( 5 entries)
3. Grab my button and tell me where to find it (5 entries)
4. Follow me on twitter @theethertons or click on the follow me button on my right side bar and leave me your twitter name. If you already follow just say so that counts as well. (5 entries)
5. Tweet about this Giveaway (can be done twice a day) Must wait at least an hour between tweets. Leave the link to your tweet. (5 entries)
"RT #Win a General Mills Prize Pack @theethertons http://tinyurl.com/2fqna4f #giveaway #myblogspark
6. Enter one of my other current giveaways (2 entries each giveaway entered)
Contest ends 01/28/11 at 11:59 PM EST. Winners will be chosen at random and will be contacted by email. Winners will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen. US ONLY!