Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Three Year Wedding Anniversary

7-14-07 Three years ago today I married my best friend and the love of my life.
The day was really perfect. The weather was beautiful. It lightly sprinkled rain for about 30 minutes and we took that as a sign of good luck. All of our friends and family were there to celebrate with us.

The cake was perfect. I had the most beautiful 2 toned roses called latin ladies that Phil and I picked out. Our first dance was to "The Luckiest" Bens fold five.

On the menu we had a full appetizer spread including American and Lebanese food tabbouleh, hummus , Cheese and crackers, veggie tray and fresh fruit. For the main course we had salad, Chicken Marsala, meatballs, roast beef, fettuccine Alfredo, boasted potatoes and green beans almondine. On top of our wedding cake, we had a full dessert table including many cakes and Lebanese pastries.

It was a 1st class wedding !

Here is a quick recap segment done by the awesome Generations Video Artistry


Laura & Phil

Proud Daddy to a 1 year old | MySpace Video




Three years ago today was one of the best days of my life (The birth of my son being the other).

Every year Phil has a tradition of leaving cards all over the house. This year was no exception. This morning one card in particular touched my heart as it was just so perfect and beautiful.

See I don't pretend to have the perfect marriage. We do fight as most married couples do and when we do fight I have this "power" (call it love lol) where even if Phil is mad he cant help but smirk. All I have to do is look at him and smile and say "Don't Smirk" and he cant help but smirk and it always gets him in a better mood.


Anyways the card says

I should be mad at you

For coming into my life and turning things every which way
For flashing that smile that melts my heart and makes me forget what I was saying
For the way thoughts of you constantly interrupt my days and make it next to impossible for me to focus on anything but the shape of your eyes and the softness of your lips
I should be mad at you but I am too busy being in love with you.

Happy anniversary Phil as I know you read my blog from time to time.

Laura and Phillip
7-14-07 - eternity


9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful video! I love that song (never heard it before.) You look ravishing and your hubby is quite the hunk, eh? Happy Anniversary! It's also my anniversary with my husband too--sort of. It's the anniversary of the day I said to my co-worker, "I will NEVER marry that man! UGH!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!! Great post! Keep him smirking! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Lovely video! You two are so sweet together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies its been a great 3 years :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Ben Folds. Congrats.
    ps I love that you wrote 'I know you read from time to time'
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a great anniversary! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I entered your matress giveaway while i was here. :)
    Feel free to add your giveaways to my ongoing linky if you haven't already. Have a great weekend!
    Jennie
    http://www.sweeptight.com/blog-giveaways/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the cutest card! So adorable :)
    Thanks for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete