Saturday, July 24, 2010

Vacation Update and Extra entry

We are having a great time here is Shippsy. Yesterday we arrived around 12:30 pm and hit the most amazing cheese shop. Amish Make the BEST cheese. They had tons of samples and cheeses I had never heard of. My Favorite was the garlic cheese. It tastes amazing just like a garlic spread.

Then we headed into town and grabbed lunch at this cute little store with amazing sandwhiches. It was 95 degrees and super humid so we decided it would be best to hit the Amish grocery stores and buy the food items we wanted to bring home so we could take them right back to my FIL's Fridge.

We hit up the Amish meat shop and got some Beef Jerky and then stopped at the Amish grocery store to get some famous Amish peanut butter, butters and jam's. We headed to my FIL's and relaxed with my MIL and FIL for the rest of the evening.

Today we got up bright and early had breakfast and went into town with my MIL and FIL (1/2 hour from my FIL's). We walked around and did some shopping. Shane had a blast seeing the horses and hanging out with his Grandparents. We came back and then hit Papa Vino's for a wonderful dinner.

Tomorrow more shopping.

It's beautiful here. They country roads are gorgeous. I have some pictures that I need to transfer that I will be posting soon.

I am interested to know your favorite cheese. Take an extra entry and call it "cheese" if you take a moment and let me know what cheese is your favorite kind!


6 comments:

  1. love to see you vacation update...but next time gives us some photos...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you? We have a little Amish community nearby here in IA that we've visited too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in Shipshewana IN and Bali I will but can't upload them till I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like so much fun! I bet the beef jerky is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you had such a great time!! I love the stories you told me soo funny =) Can't wait to see all the pics you took too.

    "Butter" cheese is my absolute favorite I can just eat, eat, and eat it all up. The baby really loves mozarella cheese sticks they have never tasted so good!

    XOXO's =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love good 'ol cheddar cheese!

    ReplyDelete