Saturday, June 12, 2010

9 years later

So my Best Friend in High School and I lost touch about a year after high school. She had been discharged from the military and was moving around. I had been focused on my studies and some new friends I had met in college.

A month or so ago I reconnected with her on Facebook. We were both really excited to have found each other. I actually know her husband. He was her high school sweetheart. I was even more excited to find out that she had kids (2 boys). Her youngest is only a month younger than Shane.

We finally were able to plan a get together! It was so nice to see her and catch up and the kids had a blast. Shane was talking all night about how he played in the water table with Ethan and Andrew.

We Plan to get together every few weeks. I am so happy to have her back in my life and it's great how well our kids get along.

Here are a few pics from this afternoon/evening!







4 comments:

  1. So exciting! Glad you had fun and reconnected with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great! I love when the internet can help bring old friends back together.

    fromlazytolady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog a few weeks back and taking the time to leave me a comment!
    So glad you told me about your blog - I will be checking it often!
    So wonderful you reconnected with an old friend, as well :) That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had such a fun time =) Shane's got quite a few play buddies!!

    ReplyDelete