As most of you know by now I am a certified Elementary Teacher. Most Teachers have heard of Learning Resoures because they are a leading manufacturer of innovative, hands-on educational materials for classrooms.
I did not know until recently that they provide learning toys for the home as well.
I want to say right off the bat I love Learning Resources. It has always been my goal since my son was born to not just buy him any old toys but instead provide him with toys that promote learning.
Learning resources does just that. They provide award-winning educational toys and products.
Shane was sent the Sky High Scoops™ colorful count and stack Electronic Game and the Primary Science Set.
About The Sky High Scoops™ colorful count and stack Electronic Game
"Dish up hours of delicious learning and fun with this colorful count and
stack game. How high can the scoops be stacked? Listen carefully for
the color and number of scoops to stack next, but look out! The wrong
move can topple the whole sundae! Be the first player to stack all of your
scoops (plus the whipped topping) and win the game. Includes 16
colorful plastic ice cream scoops (2 each of red, orange, yellow, blue,
green, brown, pink and white). This game reinforces color recognition,
number sense, counting and fine motor skills (stacking). Features talking
dish and sound effects, with adjustable volume. Requires 3 AA batteries,
not included. For 2-5 players. ages 3+"
Shane is really good with colors and numbers but its always nice to have a game that will provide a fun way to reinforce these skills. He has already had so much fun with this game and I am happy to know he is enjoying learning and reinforcing skills.
About the Primary Science Set
"Go mad over science with these real tools! Sized for little hands, this
colorful set entices children to experiment and explore. Includes beakers,
magnifying glass, funnel, test tubes with stands, goggles, and more, all
made of durable plastic. Also includes Activity guide and Cards with fun,
easy-to-do experiments. There are 12 pieces in this set. Ages 4 and up."
Science is very important. It helps teach problem solving skills as well as helps children make Sense of the World. Per recommendation on the box we have decided to wait till Shane's next Birthday to give him this toy. We feel he will get the most out of it if we wait till he is a little older but I know Shane will love this toy and it will help introduce him to science.
These educational toys would be a top pick on my list for gifts for children this holiday season.
You can find/buy these toys at Learning Resources
One lucky reader will win both educational toys I received.
1. You Must be a public follower of this Blog.
2. Visit Learning Resources and tell me another toy you would like to own.
*You MUST include your e-mail so I can reach you if you win*
1. Blog about this giveaway and leave a link to your post so I can check it out. (Facebook does not count as a blog post) (10 entries)
2. Grab my button and tell me where to find it (5 entries)
3. Follow me on twitter @theethertons or click on the follow me button on my right side bar and leave me your twitter name. If you already follow just say so that counts as well. (5 entries)
4. Tweet about this Giveaway (can be done twice a day) Must wait at least an hour between tweets. Leave the link to your tweet. (5 entries)
"RT #Win a Science Set and Electric scoops Ice cream Game from Learning Resources @learninghandson @theethertons http://tinyurl.com/28hrmzb"
5. Follow Learning Resources on twitter Here (5 entries)
6. Fan/like Learning Resources on Facebook Here. (5 entries)
7. If you added my holiday button before 9/30 and commented on the extra entries post (5 entries)
Add my holiday button now and leave a link (1 entry)
8. If you visited my sponsors before 9/30 and commented on the extra entries post (1 entry for each sponsor visited).
9. Enter one of my other giveaways (2 entries each giveaway)
10. Vote for my Son Shane for Gerber baby HERE (You can Vote once a day for 5 entries each day you vote)
Contest ends 10/29/10 at 11:59 PM EST. Winners will be chosen at random and will be contacted by email. Winners will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen. US Only!